Aviation Sales Specialist
DuraCoatings is seeking an Aviation Sales Representative to join our team. The ideal candidate will posses a broad range of experience in sales and account management, preferably within the aviation or manufacturing industry, along with having exceptional rapport-building skills and a passion for providing outstanding service. The role’s focus will be to engage with various types of industry clients, including private, corporate, and national, in the Greater Phoenix and Southern California Area.
This position is responsible for the Sale of the organization’s services in The Greater Phoenix and Southern California area and provide ongoing support to all product distribution channels. Conduct market research and build a solid pipeline of potential clients to contact regarding the sale of aviation equipment/services. Connect with potential clients via phone, email, and networking events. Consult with clients to understand their needs and position DuraCoatings as the top contender for their business. Must have industry contacts and knowledge of how to get to the decision makers of potential clients. General knowledge of the Coatings and services DuraCoatings provides for its partners.
Reports To: President
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ensures a high level of customer satisfaction is maintained.
- Develops and increases sales revenue to meet assigned targets.
- Acts as a resource to customers in contract opportunities and proposals.
- Assists customers with contract negotiations, closing the sale and developing marketing plans for contract accounts.
- Assists with the planning of sales exhibits.
- Attends trade shows.
- Participates in education and training conferences on selling and marketing programs.
- Keeps informed of new products, services and other general information of interest to customers.
- Checks on competitive activity and develops new methods of attaining customers and assisting in attaining new accounts.
- Troubleshoots problems regarding products provided.
- Answers questions from customers and handles complaints.
- Performs other job-related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
- Customer/Client Focus
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Time Management
- Communication Proficiency
- Teamwork Orientation
- Technical Capacity
- Ethical Conduct
- Organizational Skills
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. This position requires up to 50% travel. Frequent travel is outside the local area.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Required Education and Experience
- At least three years of sales expereince 5 or more preferred.
- Previous sales experience in the Aviation sector required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.