A skilled problem solver and communicator who acts as a liaison between DuraCoatings and its customers. Skilled at listening to customer issues and offering a unique and innovative solution to each problem. Has a high level of motivation to monitor the progress of parts through processing. Has the skills to learn metal finishing processes and apply that knowledge to make timely, accurate decisions concerning ship dates.
Reports To: Sales Manager
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Reviews customers purchase orders to schedule jobs in the ERP system per purchase order or company quotation.
- Learn and use the ERP system (Epicor/Envision) and create spreadsheets when needed to help track customers parts through the shop to delivery.
- Contact customer when there is a Quality issue or question concerning purchase order requirements.
- Answers incoming customer calls regarding job status, product problems, or general client concerns.
- Responsible for maintaining a high level of professionalism with clients and working to establish a positive rapport.
- Update customer information in the customer service database daily.
- Work with the shop supervision team to stay updated on product status and be informed of any changes in customer schedules. Relay schedule changes to customer.
- Communication Proficiency
- Time Management
- Decision Making
- Experience working with an ERP System
- Technical Capacity
- Organizational Skills
- Problem Solving/Analytical
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., 40 hours per week. Some overtime/Saturday work may be required.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- High School or GED
- Minimum of one year experience in a customer service position in manufacturing environment
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.