Responsible for setting up and tending Cylindrical Grinding Machines in order to grind external surfaces. Follows instructions and drawings during grinding procedure.
Reports to: Production Management.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Carry out production, inspection, and machine operation duties
- Set up machinery and ensure all materials are readily available
- Effectively monitor production equipment
- Assist the shop technicians and materials clerk as necessary
- Perform appropriate duties as assigned by management
- Maintain a safe and clean work space
- Follow established safety rules and regulations
- Ability and experience using inspection measurement tools such as micrometers and calipers to meet drawing specifications/requirements
- Math skills
- Critical Evaluation
- Relationship Management
- Ethical Practice
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a production environment. This role routinely uses heavy equipment. Frequent exposure to shop elements such as noise, dust, odors and fumes.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
High school graduate. 1-year grinding experience preferred.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.