The Environmental, Health & Safety Manager is responsible for planning, directing and implementing key cooperative environmental health and safety programs to ensure a positive, safe, healthy and incident-free work environment and is responsible for the compliance with all environmental and safety regulatory agencies.
Reports To: President
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Plans and implements procedures, programs and files regulatory reports in compliance with the local, state and federal agencies.
- Practice safe working techniques and re-enforce the safety policies, guidelines and procedures as set out by the Company.
- Provide daily guidance and direction in EHS programs at the employee/supervisor level to ensure a common and effective approach.
- Plans, implements and oversees the company safety and maintenance programs.
- Develops key cooperative site security programs.
- Plans and implements programs to train supervisors and employees to meet standards and also to enhance the company safety culture.
- Assists with new employee safety orientation programs and employee safety training.
- Assists with employee safety and driving records and training; special environmental projects and worker’s compensation program.
- Computer Literate
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Teamwork Orientation
- Ethical Conduct
- Organizational Skills
- Communication Proficiency
- Time Management
- Technical Capacity
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment and production floor. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines..
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- 5-10 years of experience Environmental Health and Safety role
- 5-10 years of production and process improvement experience
- Manufacturing and Aerospace experience not required but recommended
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.