Job Title: Financial Accountant
The Financial Accountant is responsible but not limited to preparing financial statements and advising the company on investment practices and strategies.
Reports To: CFO
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prepares monthly statements by collecting data, analyzing, and investigating variances, and summarizing data and trends.
- Prepares state quarterly and annual statements by assembling data.
- Complies with state and federal tax filing requirements by studying regulations, adhering to requirements, and advising management on required actions.
- Responds to financial inquiries by gathering, analyzing, summarizing, and interpreting data.
- Provides financial advice by studying operational issues, applying financial principles, and practices.
- Prepares special reports by studying variances, preparing budgets, and developing forecasts.
- Accomplishes finance and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Updates job knowledge by keeping current with financial regulations and accepted practices.
Financial Accountant Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent math skills
- Experienced in bookkeeping.
- Superior attention to detail
- Ability to work under high time pressure.
- Experienced in MS Office
- Ability to handle and protect confidential documents.
- Experience with Debit and Credit lines
This job operates in a professional office environment and production floor. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm. Or hours needed to complete the weekly tasks.
Will have two direct reports. Accounting clerk and purchasing agent.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- A bachelor’s or associate degree in accounting or a related field
- 1-3 years’ experience with financial accounting and bookkeeping
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.