The Human Resource Manager is directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the human resource function.
Reports To: CEO
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develops and administers various human resources plan and procedures for all company personnel.
- Plans, organizes and controls all activities of the department. Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Writes job descriptions as necessary.
- Develops, recommends and implements personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains handbook on policies and procedures; performs benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment, annual re-evaluation of policies for cost-effectiveness.
- Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt, nonexempt and temporary workers; writes and places advertisements; works with supervisors to screen and interview candidates; extends job offers; conducts new-employee orientations; monitors employee relations counseling; conducts exit interviews.
- Establishes and maintains department records and reports. Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings, such as seminars.
- Evaluates reports, decisions and results of department initiatives in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws.
- Critical Evaluation
- HR Expertise
- Leadership & Navigation
- Relationship Management
- Ethical Practice
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. This position regularly requires long hours and occasional weekend work.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Required Education and Experience
A bachelor’s degree and five years of human resource experience, or nine years of experience in the HR field.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.