The Maintenance Technician position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the company’s business goals and objectives.
Reports To: Maintenance Supervisor
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Troubleshoot mechanical, hydraulic and electrical systems.
- Understand and demonstrate the use of Lock Out/Tag Out procedures.
- Complete Preventive Maintenance on industrial machinery in a safe and timely fashion.
- Practice good housekeeping skills.
- Insure minimal downtime of production equipment.
- Respond to trouble calls on equipment in a timely manner.
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Teamwork Orientation
- Ethical Conduct
- Organizational Skills
- Electrical, Mechanical and Hydraulic Troubleshooting Skills
- Welding, Cutting and Fabrication Skills
- Ability to read Electrical, Pneumatic and Hydraulic Schematics
- Proper use of Hand/Power Tools
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 6:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. and Saturday 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. On Call during Off Shifts
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education/Experience and Equipment
- 3-5 years of prior industrial maintenance experience
- Own a basic set of hand tools
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.