The Masking Technician is responsible for placing plastic tape, vinyl tape, or rubber plugs on metal parts using a drawing as a guide. The technician may also assist by racking parts for processing.
Reports To: Plating Manager
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Works with small parts
- Dexterity is important
- Read gauges and micrometers
- Follow established safety rules and regulations
- Basic math skills
- Attention to detail
- Critical Evaluation and thinking
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a medium to heavy manufacturing environment. Frequent exposure to manufacturing elements such as noise, temperatures, dust, odors and fumes.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. 20/20 vision with or without corrective lenses.
- Must be able to safely utilize and wear PPE, such as dust mask, steel toe footwear, safety glasses.
- Chemical exposure is chromic acid, Chromium VI, caustic and corrosive chemicals.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- High school graduate
- 1-year aerospace repair experience preferred
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.