The Plating Operations Manager is a “Hands On” position that has full responsibility to grow the Plating Department to ensure safety, on time delivery, quality and customer satisfaction. The primary function is to coordinate the activities of personnel and processes required for quality control of process and oversee the laboratory and processes that involve plating for oil and gas, aerospace and military parts.
Reports To: Production Manager
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Keep appropriate managers informed of any problems that can, or will, impact scheduled runs, quality, cost or customer relations.
- Develop and implement test processes and equipment.
- Diagnose plating problems.
- Document and apply chemical, electrical, and physical plating methods and procedures that provide optimum efficiency for product plating process.
- Develop chemical and physical test procedures required to ensure product quality.
- Study and evaluate processes and procedures.
- Propose ways to improve quality and reduce cost.
- Prepare test solutions and conduct research to develop custom products.
- Assist in evaluating chemical suppliers and order quantities when composing purchase orders.
- Ensure there is safe storage of materials and chemicals in appropriate places.
- Maintain business and other records necessary to comply with local, state, and federal requirements.
- Assist all departments, managers, supervisors and other employees in activities to improve on time delivery, top quality and reduce cost.
- Responsible for testing all tanks on the production line so that the plating processes continue uninterrupted.
- This is a “hands on” position, where a significant part of your time will be spent working with operators on the line to make certain the tanks are plating to the requirements. This will include doing adds, tests, panels, adjustments, tank dumps and clean, etc.
- Will be responsible for maintaining and monitoring the chemical inventory.
- Leadership: Be able to motivate, delegate, and organize all subordinates. Should be able to take on full responsibility of subordinates and establish trustworthiness and positivity.
- Team Building: Know how to help subordinates work as a coordinated team to problem solve and accomplish goals.
- Computer: Experience with Epicor 10.2 or other similar computer programs.
This position manages all Plating employees and is responsible for the performance and management within the department.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. 20/20 vision with or without corrective lenses.
- Must be able to safely utilize and wear PPE, such as dust mask, steel toe footwear, safety glasses.
- Chemical exposure is chromic acid, Chromium VI, caustic and corrosive chemicals.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., 40 hours per week..
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- High school graduate. 1-year management experience preferred. 1-3 years plating experience preferred. 1-year Pre and post cleanings surface finish.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.