The Plating Technician is responsible for set up and maintenance of plating baths and miscellaneous related equipment including fixtures and hand tools and measuring instruments.
Reports to: Production Management.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Monitors parts as they progress through plating baths
- Maintain the plating line to include: tank additions, tank and area cleanliness, chemical storage and date monitoring
- Prepare and process parts through various plating lines including hard chrome plating lines
- Plate, mask, rack and clean-up for assigned job
- Simple metal fabrication
- Read gauges and micrometers
- Follow established safety rules and regulations
- Basic math skills
- Attention to detail
- Critical Evaluation and thinking
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a medium to heavy manufacturing environment. Frequent exposure to manufacturing elements such as noise, temperatures, dust, odors and fumes.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. 20/20 vision with or without corrective lenses.
- Must be able to safely utilize and wear PPE, such as dust mask, steel toe footwear, safety glasses.
- Chemical exposure is chromic acid, Chromium VI, caustic and corrosive chemicals.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., 40 hours per week..
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- High school graduate. 1-year plating experience preferred. 1-year Pre and post cleanings surface finish.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.