The Prep & Weld HC/TC Technician is responsible for setting up, operating and maintaining TIG welding equipment, utilizing hand held polishing and grinding equipment.
Reports To: Production Supervisor
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Carry out production, inspection and machine operation duties
- Set up machinery and ensure all materials are readily available
- Effectively monitor production equipment
- Assist the shop technicians and materials clerk as necessary
- Perform appropriate duties as assigned by management
- Maintain a safe and clean work space
- Follow established safety rules and regulations
- Proficient in utilization of a TIG welder and polishing and grinding equipment
- Critical Evaluation
- Relationship Management
- Ethical Practice
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a medium to heavy manufacturing environment. Frequent exposure to manufacturing elements such as noise, temperatures, dust, odors and fumes.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. 20/20 vision with or without corrective lenses.
- Must be able to safely utilize and wear PPE, such as dust mask, steel toe footwear, safety glasses.
- Must be physically able to operate hoisting equipment.
- Chemical exposure is honing oils and dust from honing blocks.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., 40 hours per week..
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience:
- High school graduate
- 1 year of experience in operation of welding with TIG welder
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.