The Process Planner will be responsible for producing work instructions based on customers purchase order requirements or rework instructions based on nonconformance.
Reports To: Process Engineering Manager
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Interpret customers purchase order, drawings, and applicable specifications to produce work instructions. Applicable process specifications for various forms of plating, thermal spray, and grind to the applicable customer or industry standard.
- Proficient in utilizing DuraCoatings job maintenance system. (Epicor)
- Write instructions using Lean and TQ management thought process.
- Develop shop drawings
- Keep all records and specifications organized and up to date, working to the latest revisions.
- Customer service and communication when required to ensure all customer requirements are clear
- Communication with production employees and management.
- Other responsibilities as instructed by the Process Engineering Manager
- Technical Capacity
- Presentation Skills
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Communication Proficiency
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Frequent exposure to shop elements such as noise, dust, odors and fumes.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., 40 hours per week.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- High school graduate. College degree not required but would be helpful. Manufacturing Engineer would be a plus. Good typing skills and proficient in producing engineering drawings, Excel, and Microsoft Word.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.