The Quality Assurance (QA) Manager position oversees the activity of the quality assurance department and staff, developing, implementing, and maintaining a system of quality and reliability testing for the organization’s products and/or development processes.
Reports To: CEO
- Develops, implements, and manages processes to ensure that products meet required specifications for quality, function, and reliability prior to delivery.
- Identifies and sets appropriate quality standards and parameters for products.
- Communicates quality standards and parameters to QA team, product development team, and other appropriate staff.
- Coordinates product testing processes.
- Participates in product testing.
- Identifies and analyzes issues, bugs, defects, and other problems, particularly when problems recur in multiple products; recommends and facilitates solutions to these issues.
- Reviews client, customer, and user feedback.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, local, and organizational laws, regulations, guidelines, and policies.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Hires and trains quality assurance staff.
- Oversees the daily workflow and schedules of the department.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
This position supervises the Quality Control Inspectors.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours and must work 40 hours each week to maintain full-time status.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Associate degree in Business, Engineering, or field related to the products being developed required.
- Three to five years of experience in related field required with supervisory experience a plus.
- Experience in AS9100 and Nadcap a plus.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.