The Stripping Technician is responsible for chemically stripping customer supplied parts, tank maintenance, setting power controls, completing tank logs, and shop routing.
Reports To: Plating Manager
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Carry out production, inspection, and machine operation duties
- Set up tanks and start process, ensure all materials are readily available
- Effectively monitor and clean production equipment
- Assist the shop technicians and materials clerk as necessary
- Perform appropriate duties as assigned by management
- Maintain a safe, clean, and organized work area
- Follow established safety rules and regulations
- Ability and experience using inspection measurement tools such as micrometers and calipers to interpret drawing requirements
- Critical Evaluation
- Relationship Management
- Ethical Practice
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a medium to heavy manufacturing environment. Frequent exposure to manufacturing elements such as noise, temperatures, dust, odors and fumes.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. 20/20 vision with or without corrective lenses.
- Must be able to safely utilize and wear PPE, such as dust mask, steel toe footwear, safety glasses.
- Chemical exposure is chromic acid, Chromium VI, caustic and corrosive chemicals.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position.
- 1st Shift 7:00 am to 3:30 pm: 1 OPENING
- 3rd Shift 11:00 pm to 7:00 am: 1 OPENING
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- High school graduate. 1-year in manufacturing experience preferred. 1-year Pre and post cleanings surface finish.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.